Nieuws:

Voor vragen rond je registratie, je account of het functioneren van het forum kun je een email sturen naar:
mailaven @ freedom.nl (zonder spaties rond de @).
Vermeld dan ook even de naam waarmee je je hebt geregistreerd.

Hoofdmenu

Interview The Colin McEnroe Show

Gestart door Uffie, september 11, 2013, 09:31:59 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Uffie

Terwijl ik dit bericht schrijf zit ik te luisteren. Een interview over hoe aseksuelen de wereld zien. Gasten:
David Jay - Wesleyan University graduate, founder of Asexual Visibility and Education Network
Kathy Way - Middletown resident
Tony Bogaert - Professor of Community Health Sciences and Psychology, Brock University/author of "Understanding Asexuality"
Julie Decker (@swankivy) - Asexuality awareness author and educator
http://wnpr.drupal.publicbroadcasting.net/post/how-asexuals-view-world
Is there any escape - A guy called Gerald

NewacE

Dat was interessant. Ik heb net geluisterd.
Bedankt voor de tip

Een paar weken geleden las ik dit artikel. Ik werd er niet echt vrolijk van. In het radiointerview werd er ook aan gerefereerd.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/without-prejudice/201209/prejudice-against-group-x-asexuals

Om de een of andere reden stond de link eerder niet in mijn post. Nu wel
If you have never been there, you can't imagine how it feels. And if you have, you can't imagine how it doesn't....

Fricai

CiteerGiven our interest in prejudices against sexual minorities, my PhD student (Cara MacInnis) and I sought out to uncover whether asexuals are victims of prejudice and discrimination. One the one hand, one might expect no evidence of such bias. After all, asexuals do not harm anyone and do not impose themselves on others.

Ligt het nou aan mij of is dit een vreemde opmerking voor een 'prejudice researcher'? Dit is toch het hele punt van prejudice? xD

CiteerIn a recent investigation (MacInnis & Hodson, in press) we uncovered strikingly strong bias against asexuals in both university and community samples. Relative to heterosexuals, and even relative to homosexuals and bisexuals, heterosexuals: (a) expressed more negative attitudes toward asexuals (i.e., prejudice); (b) desired less contact with asexuals; and (c) were less willing to rent an apartment to (or hire) an asexual applicant (i.e., discrimination). Moreover, of all the sexual minority groups studied, asexuals were the most dehumanized (i.e., represented as "less human")

Zeer interessant! Dat artikel zou bijvoorbeeld goed van pas komen als referentie bij uitleg waarom visibility nodig is. :)

Dutchamoeba