Nieuws:

Voor vragen rond je registratie, je account of het functioneren van het forum kun je een email sturen naar:
mailaven @ freedom.nl (zonder spaties rond de @).
Vermeld dan ook even de naam waarmee je je hebt geregistreerd.

Hoofdmenu

Een internationale levering (Groot plaatje)

Gestart door Triple a, juli 13, 2006, 05:47:32 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Triple a

Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 20, 2006, 12:49:25 PM
:o Now I'm interested!  >:D

Hmm, well you make good friends, are the most sociable group I've visited in my pamphlet quest....

Here's something. I've heard some say the American's were like the French .That's an evil insult and about as low as you can get. If you comapre us to the French you probably would be threatening me with large blades.

vriendin probably means "next victim"

"Alle nieuwtjes over het forum komen hier." probably means all newbies come here to be locked in a dungeon :D

ChibiFirli

ack, she's on to us! >_>

change dialects!

*hides*
"I had no shoes and I pitied myself. Then I met a man who had no feet, so I took his shoes." -- Dave Barry

Triple a

Citaat van: ChibiFirli op juli 20, 2006, 09:52:17 PM
ack, she's on to us! >_>

change dialects!

*hides*

I knew it.  
I want a bribe to keep quiet about this

Jovi_Hobbes

Here have some cake  :cake:  :cake:   :cake:  :cake:  :cake:
(did it work?)

Citaat van: Triple a op juli 20, 2006, 03:41:12 PM
Here's something. I've heard some say the American's were like the French .That's an evil insult and about as low as you can get. If you comapre us to the French you probably would be threatening me with large blades.

That's a weird comparisson! For one, the French completely refuse to speak English, something you cannot accuse Americans of  :D
Is there anybody out there, just like everybody out there?
Just one somebody out there, just like me?

Triple a

Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 21, 2006, 11:48:11 AM
Here have some cake  :cake:  :cake:   :cake:  :cake:  :cake:
(did it work?)

Not yet.

Citeer

That's a weird comparisson!
I seem to encounter such comparisons when talking to any European. Personally, I think the American/French personal feud is ridiculous, especially when it gets to the point of renaming things like french fries. But still, don't insult me by saying I'm like the French :D. I suppose maybe the rest of the world just sees both the French and the Americans as being stubborn and thats where the comparison lies.

CiteerFor one, the French completely refuse to speak English, something you cannot accuse Americans of  :D
You mean after all my posts here you think I don't completely refuse to speak English? Where have i been going wrong.....Oh.   Ma duc in oraº.

Jovi_Hobbes

Citaat van: Triple a op juli 21, 2006, 05:22:52 PM
Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 21, 2006, 11:48:11 AM
Here have some cake  :cake:  :cake:   :cake:  :cake:  :cake:
(did it work?)

Not yet.

o bugger!  ;)

I seem to encounter such comparisons when talking to any European. Personally, I think the American/French personal feud is ridiculous, especially when it gets to the point of renaming things like french fries. But still, don't insult me by saying I'm like the French :D. I suppose maybe the rest of the world just sees both the French and the Americans as being stubborn and thats where the comparison lies.

;D

You mean after all my posts here you think I don't completely refuse to speak English? Where have i been going wrong.....Oh.   Ma duc in oraº.

Gaan we schelden?

Let's see what your translation tool thinks that means!

Triple a

You mean after all my posts here you think I don't completely refuse to speak English? Where have i been going wrong.....Oh.   Ma duc in oraº.

Gaan we schelden?

Let's see what your translation tool thinks that means!
Citeer

we will scold
we will curse
we shall scald

I'm doubting its that tame though

Jovi_Hobbes

Literally it says something like: are you throwing abuse at me (and now I really hope that my translation makes sense  ;D )
But what we mean by it is: what on earth are you saying? It's something we say when somebody uses a very difficult or incomprehensible word. Aren't languages funny?  :D

Triple a

Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 25, 2006, 09:13:47 PM
Literally it says something like: are you throwing abuse at me (and now I really hope that my translation makes sense  ;D )
But what we mean by it is: what on earth are you saying? It's something we say when somebody uses a very difficult or incomprehensible word. Aren't languages funny?  :D

well the computer seems to have taken away my "s" with a squiggle on it, but what I was saying was "I'm going to town." 

I'll let you find out which language I was using on your own  ;D

Jovi_Hobbes

I really should be able to do that because quite a few years ago I've had some lessons in language recognition, but I'm too lazy to try and find the textbook  :D  My guess is that it might be Latin or Spanish. Is that even close?

ChibiFirli

Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 25, 2006, 09:13:47 PM
Literally it says something like: are you throwing abuse at me (and now I really hope that my translation makes sense  ;D )
But what we mean by it is: what on earth are you saying? It's something we say when somebody uses a very difficult or incomprehensible word. Aren't languages funny?  :D
I didn't even know that expression :D. Must be something purely dutch, or maybe I'm just linguistically impaired ;D.
"I had no shoes and I pitied myself. Then I met a man who had no feet, so I took his shoes." -- Dave Barry

Triple a

Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 26, 2006, 09:48:12 PM
I really should be able to do that because quite a few years ago I've had some lessons in language recognition, but I'm too lazy to try and find the textbook  :D  My guess is that it might be Latin or Spanish. Is that even close?

well it is a romance language.

Jovi_Hobbes

Alright! But which one... Guys, I need some help here!

Citaat van: ChibiFirli op juli 26, 2006, 10:32:08 PM
I didn't even know that expression :D. Must be something purely dutch, or maybe I'm just linguistically impaired ;D.

Let's find out if other Dutch or Belgian members do know the expression, before we declare you linguistically impaired  ;D

Dus: wie kent de uitdrukking "gaan we schelden"?

organised chaos

Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 27, 2006, 09:20:46 PM
Alright! But which one... Guys, I need some help here!

I think it's Romanian (still had some old linguistics textbooks from uni ;))

Citaat van: Jovi_Hobbes op juli 27, 2006, 09:20:46 PMLet's find out if other Dutch or Belgian members do know the expression, before we declare you linguistically impaired  ;D

Dus: wie kent de uitdrukking "gaan we schelden"?

Die ken ik ja. Volgens mij is het niet een puur Nederlandse uitdrukking.

Ereinion

I also know what 'gaan we schelden' means.  :D
Alleen mensen zonder fantasie, vluchten in de realiteit.