Nieuws:

Voor vragen rond je registratie, je account of het functioneren van het forum kun je een email sturen naar:
mailaven @ freedom.nl (zonder spaties rond de @).
Vermeld dan ook even de naam waarmee je je hebt geregistreerd.

Hoofdmenu

AVEN Pamphlets

Gestart door Triple a, juli 07, 2006, 05:49:33 AM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Allard

Ik ga waarschijnlijk ook nog Frans leren, niet omdat ik het een mooie taal vind, want dat vind ik het niet. Maar omdat het goed van pas kan komen...

Triple a

Citeer

Sorry :-[, I can read in English, but my English is not good enough to translate a whole flyer....at least, I think it's not...
But how about your Dutch...
Technically speaking, I can't read Dutch. In fact I only know about 5 dutch words total that I didn't learn from pretending like I could read the posts on this site.

But the Dutch words are similar enough to English that I can usually get  a pretty good idea of what you guys are saying before I run the text through a translator. I always read it on my own first and then check to see if I read it right.

And sometimes its pretty easy to guess what unsimilar words mean just be looking at their context - ie. I knew what "Ik ben" was before I looked it up. I have become interested in Dutch since i started visiting here (a couple weeks before my first post) so maybe I will actually be able to read/write it fluently in a year or so.

I set up my account on this site without using any translator at all.

Citeerit's pretty special an English guy can read it? Or where are you from?

I'm from the USA. And I'm female.

I like immersing myself in foreign language websites, learning to read the language from them - I have an email account at www.mail.ru. Using it has taught me how to sight recognize a lot of Russian words, even though i don't have a clue as to how to pronounce them.

Sismo

Citaat van: Triple a op juli 13, 2006, 04:25:49 AM
And I'm female.

;D Oops...sorry! Didn't look at your profile! A  :cake: to make it up?

Amazing you can learn a language just by looking at texts!  :klap:
Maak van elke dag een sprookje: red draken en versla verwende prinsessen, kus af en toe een kikker en pluk de rijpe bramen -Loesje-

Sismo

Citaat van: Sismo op juli 13, 2006, 10:25:43 AM
Didn't look at your profile!

It's not in your profile! But why did I asume you were a man??? I'm afraid it's the racing car... :-[
Maak van elke dag een sprookje: red draken en versla verwende prinsessen, kus af en toe een kikker en pluk de rijpe bramen -Loesje-

Ereinion

:-[ Oops, I thought so too. But, I think, that has something to do with my brother, who calls himselve Triple ... . When I first saw your name on this forum, I thought; Maybe that is my brother, and he just changed one letter.  :-\
Alleen mensen zonder fantasie, vluchten in de realiteit.

Triple a

Citeer

It's not in your profile!

It is now. At least I'm assuming Vrouw is female, because the other option is "man" and I know Corpus has "man" on his profile.

CiteerBut why did I asume you were a man??? I'm afraid it's the racing car... :-[

Yeah, most people do tend to think I'm a male - and its probably the result of the car, along with a username that isn't clearly male or female.

I'm a car because my name is "Triple a" and triple a is the name of an Automobile Association in America.

Citeer
Amazing you can learn a language just by looking at texts!
Only reading though.  I've found its much harder to determine what someone is saying when they are speaking Dutch - I called a man in the Netherlands and was thoroughly confused when i got his voice mail - I didn't know if it was an answering machine or a message telling me that I had dialed wrong.

And the only words that I think I can pronounce in Dutch are the numbers 1-3, which I learned yesterday.

CiteerA  :cake:  to make it up?
Thank you. Shortly I'll be delivering something from the members at the international AVEN - I was going to wait for my friend to translate it into Dutch, but he's been busy lately. And you guys (and girls)  are doing just fine with English.

Jovi_Hobbes

Ooooo, presents! How exciting!  :D
Is there anybody out there, just like everybody out there?
Just one somebody out there, just like me?