Nieuws:

Voor vragen rond je registratie, je account of het functioneren van het forum kun je een email sturen naar:
mailaven @ freedom.nl (zonder spaties rond de @).
Vermeld dan ook even de naam waarmee je je hebt geregistreerd.

Hoofdmenu

Resourcesforacesurvivors tumblr

Gestart door Briggy, december 31, 2014, 01:54:46 AM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Briggy

Hoi,

Ik kwam vandaag deze tumblr tegen. Het is volledig in het Engels en gericht op (aseksuele) mensen die seksueel geweld hebben gemaakt en mensen die de 'ace survivors' willen steunen. http://resourcesforacesurvivors.tumblr.com/

Zelf heb ik nog niet veel tijd gehad om de site door te lezen, maar wil hem alvast posten omdat er misschien mensen zijn die er wat aan hebben. Wel heb ik een ingezonden blog gelezen en vraag mij af wat jullie mening hierover is: http://resourcesforacesurvivors.tumblr.com/post/105362073825/why-i-wont-sexually-compromise-asexuality-and

In de blog zegt de persoon 'I once had an argument with my queerplatonic partner about sexual compromise. She is allosexual (but aro-spectrum) and said that asexuals who sexually compromise cannot be consenting because they don't want sex. I got a little angry at her and said "don't you take that agency away from me! I can consent." I believed that saying I couldn't consent was stripping me of the agency to make choices that helped me keep my relationships.  Now I realize she was right because of consent's definition.

I refuse to compromise because compromise can never be consent.  Consent is defined as an enthusiastic, uncoerced, sober "yes." A compromise is something that is accepted, not wanted. It does not involve enthusiasm. By definition, it is not consent.  While many asexual activists disagree with me, I remind you: the definition of consent to sex does not involve compromise. Yes, aces can consent. They can have/love/want sex and still lack sexual attraction. But if an ace is compromising it is not consent.

The asexual community's advocacy for sexual compromise is rooted in internalized acephobia. When we encourage people to engage in sexual compromise we are encouraging them to ignore their needs. We are saying that their needs, as an asexual person, are not as important as the needs of a "normal" allosexual. We're asserting that affirmative consent is a luxury only allosexuals may have.'.

Ik heb nu (om tien voor twee 's nachts) even niet de hersencapaciteit nodig om dit naar het Nederlands te vertalen, sorry.  ;)
12-1-2015 <3 MarkA