Nieuws:

Voor vragen rond je registratie, je account of het functioneren van het forum kun je een email sturen naar:
mailaven @ freedom.nl (zonder spaties rond de @).
Vermeld dan ook even de naam waarmee je je hebt geregistreerd.

Hoofdmenu

Am I missing something?

Gestart door Ace89, januari 26, 2017, 07:08:55 PM

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

Ace89

As an aromantic asexual, I often get asked: "but don't you miss it?" This question makes perfect sense from their point of view, but is rather puzzling to me. Miss what? How can I miss something I've never felt any need for, never had any interest in? If you don't care about purses, for example, would you miss shopping for them? But then I stopped to think. I might not 'miss' things in the sense of 'wanting them,' but there might be plenty of things that I 'miss' by simply not noticing them! 

Most people are biologically wired to experience and express romantic and physical attraction. Plus, our society places a huge emphasis on sex and romance. Attraction, flirtation, innuendo and pink clouds are everywhere. Detailed in books, acted on tv, winking at you from posters and streaming out of the mouths of your friends and family. Of course I notice the obvious things. But maybe there are more subtle hints that completely fly over my head. Do people really feel an instinctive difference when interacting with a person of their preferred gender? Do they act differently, even when they are not looking for a partner? Is it socially important to be aware of this difference? There could be looks or behaviors or things that are full of meaning, yet I have always failed to notice them. Am I truly missing something?
Een hokje dient om even te passen of iets je staat. Daarna stap je weer vrij de wereld in, met of zonder nieuwe aanwinst :D

AceVentura

Mooi geschreven Nikkinda  :klap: en wat mij betreft helemaal waar.
53x + m³ = Ø
Verwarring is een doorgang naar een andere, nieuwe realiteit.
- Richard Bandler

Marie8

duc me in cochliecclesiam (ecclesiam cochlearum)

Ace89

Ik ga proberen er een blogje van te maken. Meestal houd ik dat niet vol, maar wie weet  :schater:

https://aceinglife.wordpress.com/
Een hokje dient om even te passen of iets je staat. Daarna stap je weer vrij de wereld in, met of zonder nieuwe aanwinst :D

Marie8

Ziet er al goed uit, Nikkinda!  :klap:

Een tip: het is in het Engels volgens mij niet aromance, maar aromanticism.
duc me in cochliecclesiam (ecclesiam cochlearum)

Ace89

Had een alternatief twitter account gemaakt om de blog te promoten. Guess what, na een tweet meteen gebanned door Twitter vanwege 'suspicious activity'  ??? :banghead:

Monique66

I've got the right to be wrong van  Joss Stone als lijflied maar ook,
Soms is het beter niets te zeggen en alleen te lachen als lijfspreuk